Deborah E. Batog
Deborah E. Batog is a real estate attorney who concentrates her practice in the areas of real estate, probate and family business law. She counsels clients in connection with a range of transactional matters, including acquisition, financing, development, leasing, business successions, and related litigation with a primary focus on the implementation of clients’ real estate and business related estate and tax planning objectives and the disposition of probate real estate interests.
Deb represents a wide spectrum of clients, including family owned businesses, limited liability companies, corporations, trusts and individuals. Deb values and builds long-standing relationships with her clients, often bridging generations within families to provide legal services supporting the continued success of their businesses. Her clients and colleagues regard her as a pragmatic problem solver who is accessible and time and cost effective.
Prior to joining Gilmore Rees & Carlson in 2001, Deb worked in a small general practice law firm. As a result, Deb has “hands on” experience addressing a myriad of legal matters, bringing added benefit to the representation she provides to her clients.
Deb is a lifelong resident of Franklin where she lives with her son. Deb and her son are both avid readers and enjoy volunteering with the Elisha Project and the United Way Ready to Read program.
- Represented seller in connection with the multi-million dollar sale of prime commercial real estate located on Route 1 in Foxborough, MA.
- Represented a buyer/borrower in connection with several acquisitions of multi-million dollar commercial and industrial real estate in the Metrowest area.
- Represented the owners/lessors in connection with the leasing of gas stations, restaurants, retail and office space.
- Represented a developer in obtaining full permitting required for an industrial park, including but not limited to Design Review Board, Planning Board, ZBA and Conservation.
- Represented the purchaser of convenience store franchise and leasehold interest.
- Obtained judgments of adverse possession and prescriptive easements on behalf of clients in Massachusetts Land Court.
- Negotiated, prepared and recorded beach and view easements for oceanfront properties.
- Represented family members in connection with the transfer and subdivision of a family vacation compound, consisting of registered land, with cross easements and rights of first refusal.
- Represented high net worth clients in connection with grants of conservation easements and bargain sales to qualified charitable organizations.
- Girl Scouts of Eastern MA, Volunteer
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Milford Regional Medical Center, Inc., Corporator
- Real Estate Bar Association, Member
- Women’s Leadership Council of United Way of Tri-County, Founding Member
- Joe the Electrician