Careers at Gilmore Rees & Carlson PC
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our firm. If you are an attorney, paralegal or legal assistant and would like to know more about working at Gilmore Rees and Carlson PC, we would like to hear from you.
Current Openings at Gilmore Rees & Carlson PC
Trust and Estate Attorney
We are seeking a trust and estate attorney with 4-6 years of sophisticated estate planning experience. Strong academic credentials, interpersonal skills and significant experience drafting estate planning documents required. A great opportunity to join a boutique trust and estate law firm with a collegial environment in a convenient location.
Litigation Associate Attorney
We are seeking an associate with 3-8 years’ of probate litigation experience. Knowledge of MUTC/ MUPC preferred.
Ideal candidate will have strong academic credentials, excellent research and writing skills are essential.
The Firm’s busy probate department is seeking an experienced Estate Administrator. The ideal candidate will be professional, organized, motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with all aspects of the administration of estates.
- Preparation of probate documents and miscellaneous court documents relating to probate court administration of estates and trusts.
- Communication (in person, by telephone and in writing) with clients to obtain information required for probate and estate administration; communication with banks, businesses, insurance companies, brokerage firms, and others to collect asset information or information to collect assets and/or liquidate assets.
- Preparation and transmittal of all necessary papers to transfer securities.
- Preparation and filing of claims for insurance proceeds and death benefits.
- Preparation and allowance of accounts in the probate court; preparation of trust accountings.
- Preparation of federal and state estate tax returns.
- Opening and closing estate accounts.
- Other responsibilities as client needs dictate.
- Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate or appropriate job-related experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Trust & Estates Paralegal.
- Experience in probate matters, including drafting petitions and settlement of accounts.
- Experience preparing federal and state estate tax returns.
- Experience with trust administration, including the calculation and funding of trust shares.
- Working knowledge of fiduciary income tax.
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently, plan and take the initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner.
- Client service skills and ability to manage projects and handle multiple competing priorities.
Compensation: Commensurate w/ experience. Excellent benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTC,401k Plan, PTO (4 Weeks)