Robert M. Allen
Bob focuses his practice in the areas of trust administration, estate administration, estate planning, and lifetime gift planning. In appropriate situations, Bob is willing to act as personal representative (executor) of estates and trustee of trusts for clients and their families.
Bob acts as a trusted advisor to his clients, collaborating as required with each client’s accountant, investment advisor, and insurance professional in an effort to provide comprehensive advice. With his clear communication style Bob helps clients understand their planning alternatives, and with his 30+ years of experience and good judgment Bob help clients reach decisions that are right for them. Bob focuses with his clients on the “big picture,” but he also pays careful attention to detail to help to ensure that his client’s objectives will actually be realized. Clients depend on Bob to guide them through difficult and important planning decisions and to help them to carry-out their estate plans and the estate plans of family members who have passed away.
After graduating from Harvard law School in 1984, Bob served a one-year term as a law clerk to the Honorable Francis P. O’Connor of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts. Bob began his career in private practice as an associate attorney at Boston’s Foley Hoag & Eliot, first in the Corporate department and then (starting in 1988) in the Trusts & Estates department.
In 1997 Bob established his own law practice as a sole practitioner, and in 2003 Bob joined with Attorney Rhonda Hollander to establish Allen & Hollander LLP. In 2016, Bob joined Gilmore Rees & Carlson, PC as a partner.
- Serves as personal representative (executor) of estates and trustee of trusts for clients and clients’ family members.
- Acts as trusted family advisor, helping clients to utilize gift and generation-skipping transfer tax vehicles to pass-on family assets to future generations.
- Counsels clients in connection with formulation and implementation of estate plans of all types so that clients may accomplish their objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Boston Estate Planning Council, Member